Welcome, newest ACES students!
You've applied, been accepted, and now you're committed to ACES! All that's left is to move in.
Move-in August 23, 2018
Our current students know that packing can seem overwhelming, but they're here to help! They've put together a list of what they have found to be the most useful during their time in Prince Frederick Hall.
- External hard drive (It’s nice to unload all your past semesters’ school work off your local drive once you’re done with them).
- Bowl, mug, utensils
- Cleaning supplies, like a broom, Swiffer, Febreeze (gotta keep your room smelling good)
- Blanket for the lawn
- Hammocks/slackline (optional but fun!)
- Long chargers (so they can reach you in your bed)
- Drying Rack
- Your favorite card and board games!
- Shower caddy (key)
- Costumes & dress up clothing (you never know the occasion!)
- Electric kettle (water boiler)
- Favorite sport equipment
- Swimsuit & beach towel
- Lanyard or a phone wallet (for your ID)
- Lint roller
- Quarters for laundry (if your Terrapin Express isn’t loaded yet)
- Professional business clothes
- Festive decorations (for any holidays you celebrate)
Resident Life put together a list of 10 things to do before move-in. Check it out to check everything off your to-do list!
For more information for new students, visit admissions.umd.edu/enroll/enrolled-students.