Students must meet following requirements to be eligible for consideration:
- Strong academic record (minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2);
- 30 university credits completed (not including AP/IB credits) prior to enrollment; and
- At least three semesters remaining at the University of Maryland prior to graduation.
Students of all majors are eligible to apply and prior admission to the Honors College is not required. Previous related experiences, such as internships, research, and/or completion of an Honors College Citation and/or participation in any Honors College Living Learning Program will also be considered during the admission process.
Students applying will complete the online application form including short answer questions.
An admission committee comprised of ACES program faculty and staff will review applications. In selecting students to participate, ACES emphasizes academic achievement, extracurricular achievement, level of demonstrated interest in cybersecurity, and a range of academic disciplines and experiences.
For entrance into the Minor:
- Applications open each semester for entrance beginning the following semester
- Student must submit completed application by the designated deadline.
- Applications open in October each fall.
- Students learn of acceptance status 2-3 weeks after applications close.